Monday, January 28, 2008

Same old new story




Its sort of a slow newsday for me. I've thumbed through the headlines and all the important things going on in the world, and I can't seem to formulate an opinion on them. But I feel a need to comment on one of the biggest headlines from the Middle East.

The current crisis in Gaza. Its always hard for me to formulate any kind of concrete opinion on a particular when I hear about all the goings-on in Israel-Palestine. Mostly because it seems as though every event is exactly the same: peaceful Palestinians are overshadowed by militants, and Israel answers back with a disproportionate and inappropriate amount of force. I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported on, I'm just saying that every story just re-inforces my opinion, so I don't feel a need to blog about it. Sorry to all (one) of my die-hard Israel-Palestine readers! In any case, read a previous post on what I think should happen over there to bring about peace.

1 comments:

Saeed Uri said...

I wrote a short blog about this. I think it might become a larger development in the near future. The repercussions in Egypt might be huge. With the more recent developments, hopefully it will lead to a healing of the rift that occurred in June between the two Palestinian political parties.