Saturday, June 7, 2008

Squee!

Sci-Fi Geekery for this week:


Battlestar Galactica, squee!! That series just becomes more and more intriguing, and damn do they know how to keep me in suspense. And just how awesome is their last supper photo? (And no I do not count that as sacrilegious. Jesus and his disciples didn't pose for that, it was just a renaissance painter's imagining of it. It is not a religious artifact, just a piece of art.)

And...even more exciting, the new production of Dune. I liked the look of the Lynch version but not the script. I liked the accuracy and the casting of the Sci-Fi miniseries, but not the actual production itself. So I'm really hoping the new one will be a better combination of both. Herbert's sons are set to co-produce, and that gives me hope.

And yes this is relevant to the blog because both (mainly Dune) contain lots of political allegory. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

0 comments: