Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things that make me lose faith




Video footage of a 16 year old Canadian citizen suspected of terrorism detained in Guantanamo Bay has been released.

I desperately want to be optimistic. Or at least optimistic when it comes to justice being served in my own country by my own country. When stuff like this happens, I want to say its the fault of a few corrupt individuals and not an entire system. That way, things can be corrected. But this is different. I don't think the stories that come out of Gitmo can be chalked up to a few corrupt individuals. It is a failure of the government.

This boy's story is especially disturbing because he is now my age. What justification can be given for his detainment? I don't see any. I don't even think there's any way to possibly prosecute those responsible for his treatment either.

That blows. Major. =-(

0 comments: